Taylor J. Smith wrote:
Horace Heffner wrote on 1-9-06:

Well, it *is* true that Scott Little gained a reputation on vortex for a psychic ability to suppress cold fusion. You know, a negative telekinetic quantum observation thingy. 8^) OTOH, Scott's excellence in calorimetry may be the reason for all the negative results ...

Hi All,

I place most of the blame for Scott's inabilty to reproduce
BLP's results on BLP's refusal to cooperte with Scott,
whose experimental work is the gold standard, as far as I'm
concerned.

However, on 19 Apr, 1998, I engaged in the following
correspondence:

``Subject: Re: BLP (Black Light Power) Run #14

Scott Little ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

::: Jack Smith asked about Run #14....

::: We never saw a peep of excess heat

::: and they never even lifted a finger to assist us. ...

Hi Scott,

BlackLight Power is probably so far ahead that they
see no need to make any concessions; but there may be
alternative approaches which they have not thought of.
Regardless of the risks and benefits involved, their
decision is unfortunate.

And it's also very different from what Mizuno did in similar circumstances. Whether Scott's right or wrong in his assessment of Mizuno's work, he got a reasonable amount of help, including the cathode he used in at least one run, from Mizuno's lab.

In short, Mizuno acts like a researcher who's trying to track down the workings of an interesting effect. Mills at BLP, on the other hand, seems to act like he has something to hide. It's unfortunate.

Equally unfortunate, IMHO, is the fact that Scott didn't fly to Japan (with a few meters stuffed in a bag) to observe one of Mizuno's successful runs first hand, and determine for himself whether Mizuno's voltage and current measurements and cooling curve determinations were up to snuff -- but that's another story...