The AP test results at slide 14 did not make sense to me.  In particular I do
not understand the scale of the graph with the red and blue (before and after)
amounts of the various Li isotopes listed.  For example, the Li isotopes when
added together do not seem to add to 100 or any other possible suggested
meaning for the ordinate of that graph.   (The Ni isotopic concentrations (red
and blue bars) seem to match the numbers in the table however and therefore
indicate the graph is intended to reflect a percent for the relative isotopic
concentration identified.)

The black and white table of slide 14 makes some sense, although the note on
the slide that there were no significant changes in Ni isotopic concentrations
does not match the numbers in the table, which showed significant changes in
the various Ni isotopes, particularly Ni-64 as was discussed earlier on this
thread.  The Li ratio (Li-6/Li-7) changed from 0.086 to 0,080, which did not
seem like a lot to me.  If the Li is reacting, the data suggested both isotopes
were changing such that the ration did change very much.  Otherwise it would
suggest that the Li-7 was about 9 times as active as the Li-6.  The absolute
concentration of Li in the fuel before and after would be a desirable parameter
to know to understand if, Li were depleted to any extent.

Does anyone know the before and after concentration of Li in the AP test?  It’s
not listed in slide 13!  I wonder why not?

The ratios of Li-6/Li-7 reported in the AP paper from the UoMO evaluation of
Glostick experiment (No significant heat) were 0.080 for samples tested and
0.082 natural concentration of Li.  This is per slide 17 of the AP report.   I
would note that the starting ratio in the AP test does not seem to be
consistent with that expected in natural Li.   Is the Russian Li source
different than the MFMP source?

What do other Vorts think?

Bob Cook