a.ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net> wrote:

Jed.  "The Penon report is way more likely to be flawed. The guy is a
> certified idiot."
>
> That sounds libelous to me. Penon apparently got his Laureate degree with
> full marks.

Don't be ridiculous. People accuse others of being idiots all the time, in
both the real world and on the Internet. If that were libel, we would all
be paupers.

> You are sounding biased.

I am biased because his report is damn nonsense! When people publish stupid
reports I become biased against them.

> I suspect one could trawl through your earlier comments and find where you
> have made mistakes.

Not on that scale. Not published ones. And when I do publish mistakes, I
retract them, as I did with my Mizuno report.

> What exactly was this incredibly dumb thing Penon was supposed to have
> written in the earlier report?

Read my previous remarks, or better yet, read the report and come to your
own conclusions. Actually, there is a somewhat improved version of it:

http://www.cobraf.com/forum/immagini/R_123487015_1.pdf

Still a mess, on par with Lugano.

> As I wrote before, if the report is so bad why hasn't IH published it?

Legal reasons I suppose, but I wouldn't know. When a lawsuit is filed,
people tend to clam up. I wish they would publish it. It is irksome that
they say they strongly disagree, but they have not revealed their reasons.

As I said, rumor has it that Rossi is preventing them. I would not put it
past him. But that is mere rumor and it could be wrong. The other things I
have reported here are NOT rumors. People I trust tell me the Penon report
has no merit. If that is wrong, they have deliberately misled me.

I usually stay away from rumors.