We are talking Quantum Mechanics here, not billards. In QM,
superposition means that the muon can be in many places at once while
it is in the entangled state. Distance does not matter. Where the muon
 ends up is based on decoherence of what has entangled the muon with
the LENR reaction. It is all random and not predictable.

A fundamental difference between classical physics and quantum theory
is the fact that, in the quantum world, certain predictions can only
be made in terms of probabilities

A travelling particle

As an example, take the question whether or not a particle that starts
at the time tA at the location A will reach location B at the later
time tB.

Classical physics can give a definite answer. Depending on the
particle's initial velocity and the forces acting on it, the answer is
either yes or no. In quantum theory, it is merely possible to give the
probability that the particle in question can be detected at location
B at time tB.

The path integral formalism, which was invented by the US physicist
Richard Feynman, is a tool for calculating such quantum mechanical
probabilities. Feynman's recipe, applied to a particle travelling from
A to B, is the following.

Step 1: Consider all possibilities for the particle travelling from A
to B. Not only the boring straight-line approach, but also the
possibility of the particle turning loopings and making diverse
detours.

There exists  an infinity of possibilities.  The particle can visit
New York, Ulan Bator, or even the moon or the Andromeda Galaxy before
arriving at its destination. Last but not least, it does not contain
information about velocities. The first part of the particle's
trajectory may be travelled at break-neck speed and the final
millimetres at a snail's pace - or the other way around, or completely
different; another infinity of possibilities. In short, for the first
step, take into account all ways of travelling from A to B, however
outlandish they may seem.

The second step is to associate a number with each of these
possibilities (not quite the kind of number we're used to from school,
but we will not bother with the difference here). Finally, the numbers
associated with all possibilities are added up - some parts of the sum
canceling each other, others adding up. The resulting sum tells us the
probability of detecting the particle that started out at A at the
location B at the specified time. Physicists call such a sum over all
possibilities a path integral or sum over histories.