I believe that when the muon decays, if it is a negative muon, it decays
into an electron and a pair of neutrinos.  If it is a positive muon, it
decays into a positron and 2 neutrinos.  Before it decays, if it enters the
electronic structure of an atom (likely in condensed matter), then it
quickly descends into the innermost orbital, giving off soft x-rays in the
process.  The resulting muonic atom has a greater chance of internal
conversion (I think).  If the muon enters a molecule, like a D2 or a D-T in
particular, muon catalyzed fusion is highly likely with different products.

I am still in study mode for the muon interaction with matter.