----- Original Message ----- From: "Jed Rothwell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: S. Jones makes claims about 9/11 attack

RC Macaulay writes:

With all debris removed from the WT site, no proof of anything remains.

That's incorrect. Thousands of tons were put aside for the investigation, and have been preserved. Samples of the damaged steel and other materials have been extensively tested by many independent labs. If there had anything like what Jones suggested, hundreds of experts would have spotted it easily, and it would have been impossible to keep secret.

Jones also denounced cold fusion in this newspaper article. This is the first time I have seen an attack on cold fusion and breathed a sigh of relief. I would not want the field to be associated with -- or endorsed by -- nutcakes who think the Towers were destroyed with explosives.

- Jed

Actually, the collapse of the three WTC towers on 9/11/01 does require further examination, for one simple reason, steel framed building had never previously or since collapsed due to fire. A building in Madrid, Spain burned for 30 hours in 2005, a raging inferno that engulfed the entire building and it still stood at the end of it all. Some will argue that WTC-1 and 2 were hit with planes, thus that contributed to their collapse. Perhaps, but WTC-7 was not hit with any plane and it only had two minor fires, there is no logical reason for why WTC-7 collapsed on the afternoon of 9/11/01.

I would think that an unprecedented building failure like the WTC on 9/11/01 would result in an extrodinary investigation by government and building engineers to determine why and how the buildings failed. But that investigation seems muted and underwhelming to say the least (I believe most of the steel from the WTC was actually promptly shipped off the Asia and melted). I think it is fair to entertain alternative explanations, because the official explanation for the WTC collapses just doesn't add up. Even on the day of 9/11/01 I remember reports saying that it appears as if there had been a detonation of some sort when the buildings came down. Do buildings that suffer structural failure collapse so quickly and cleanly? If not, then the events of 9/11 require alternative explanations, IMO.