I talked briefly with Lundin today.
He explained that he and Lidgren are not going ahead together for various
reasons at the moment.
However, he’s convinced that the most likely explanation for excess heat is
transmutation rather than fusion, and that transmutation involves spallation
and capture of neutrons. The combination of these two, in a way that releases
net energy, would be what is new with the model described in the patent.
He also said that he doesn’t really follow the field and what others have done,
but he will continue on his own for some time ahead with more ideas on how to
make the spallation-capture process work effectively.
Clear experimental results within a not too distant future would be necessary
for him to apply for research funding, and I had the impression that he hadn’t
really achieved satisfactory results so far.

Mats
www.animpossibleinvention.com <http://www.animpossibleinvention.com/>