On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> News item:
>
> "Mandatory evacuation order issued for parts of Georgia
>
> Georgia Governor Nathan Deal just ordered a mandatory evacuation for the
> area east of I-95 in Georgia. This includes the city of Savannah.
>
> In addition, Deal ordered mandatory evacuations for Chatham County, and
> some other low-lying areas."
>

> This seems like an over-reaction to me. Evacuating Miami, FL I can see. By
> the time the storm reaches Savannah, I expect it will be reduced in force.
>
> Offshore islands in the Carolinas are being evacuated. I see the need for
> that. Those places seem like they are 6' above sea level.
>
> - Jed

OT, sure. Point is: hysteria-mongering is how governments control the mass
of the population. Just like with Cold Fusion: the LAST thing an
Establishment wants is actual, measured debate... and an all-round coming
to an enlightened understanding of a situation or process.

You can't control self-aware, motivated, determined people. Not even with
guns.