are limits.

From: Jed Rothwell

I am ready for a power failure. I now have a 2 kW inverter which I attach to
the starter battery in a Prius. That is located inside, under the deck, where
the spare tire is kept, so it stays dry in the rain. I can then leave the motor
on. It only runs when the battery drains. 2 kW is enough to run a modern
refrigerator and lights. Or a pump to drain water under the house, but I don't
think I can run both at the same time. I wish I had a 4 kW inverter but I don't
think you can attach that to an ordinary car battery.