Exactly why I am saying we are missing the true source of energy of that
storm, not just air and water vapor, hot and cold.  Lots of energy in the
vacuum to pull from

A better model is a vacuum manifold that is losing symmetry as it decays to
a new, lower vacuum state and reading that energy into the surroundings
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_manifold

Just in time universal inflation sort of thing...

One Joplin, MO tornado released up to 600 Hiroshima bombs in 30 minutes...
WTF?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328834/Oklahoma-tornado-600-TIMES-powerful-Hiroshima-atomic-bomb.html

The vacuum is unstable by design

Our power distribution system still sucks though