I have been invaded by fruit files.  There were thousands in the yard and they
came into the house.
Insecticide stained the walls and I did not want these chemicals in the
kitchen.  The vinegar fruit files traps caught a few
but were not effective.   Cleaning up did not get rid of them.

I remember working in and engineering office on the ceiling lighting when
someone put ammonia into an old blueprint machine.  The ammonia rose, gassed
me,  and I had to come down immediately.  The fruit files roosted on the
ceiling at night.  I bought a gallon of ammonia and a hand sprayer.  I sprayed
the ceiling at night then turned off the light so that they could not fly
away.   In the morning only a few remained.  I got them too.  this seems to
work.

Frank Z