Thank you for the reference (below). I see this as a possible explanation
of the coherent optical (and x-ray?) emission and even the rf emissions
that have been detected in active CF reactions. The intense EM fields
(direct and as photons) associated with nuclear decay via the deep-orbit
electrons (proposed as the operative mechanism for CF effects) act as an
intense 'pump' source to produce microscopic (perhaps plasma-like) lasing
regions:
"... the statistical properties of the emission of a laser with
non-resonant feedback are very close to those of the emission from an
extremely bright
‘black body’ in a narrow range of the spectrum. The emission of such a
laser has no spatial coherence and is not stable in phase."
Nevertheless, linear defects within the lattice (a proposed source of CF)
would provide a basis for spatial coherence.

The reference addresses, and has many sources on, types of lasing that we
generally don't consider.

Andrew M.