Jones

From: Andrew Meulenberg

Thank you for the reference (below). I see this as a possible explanation of
the coherent optical (and x-ray?) emission and even the rf emissions that have
been detected in active CF reactions. The intense EM fields (direct and as
photons) associated with nuclear decay via the deep-orbit electrons (proposed
as the operative mechanism for CF effects) act as an intense 'pump' source to
produce microscopic (perhaps plasma-like) lasing regions:
"... the statistical properties of the emission of a laser with non-resonant
feedback are very close to those of the emission from an extremely bright
‘black body’ in a narrow range of the spectrum. The emission of such a laser
has no spatial coherence and is not stable in phase."
Nevertheless, linear defects within the lattice (a proposed source of CF) would
provide a basis for spatial coherence.
The reference addresses, and has many sources on, types of lasing that we
generally don't consider.

Andrew M.

 JonesBeene wrote:
An interesting but slightly dated paper is available without the usual paywall,
which covers a number of advanced optics projects which were once classified,
and may still be partially hidden -  like the photonic bomb…
https://www.eng.yale.edu/caolab/papers/wrm03.pdf
 "Brian Ahern" <ahern_br...@msn.com> wrote:
 This nanometric laser was developed in 1996 under an AF SBIR Phase II
contract. I was the  contract monitor. Prof. Nabil Lawandy developed LASER
PAINT. It incorporated nanopowders that scattered light and resulted in
stimulated emission  It is widely used today.