Very interesting.

People have got it the wrong way around though. Its not because the
positive pressure has gone up. It is because the negative pressure has gone
up, the pF has gone up.

This relates to the first paper I published on the strength of clay-cements
and how it is affected by the degree of pulverization. I'm not breaking the
official secrets act because the info is in the public domain. :-)

What was happening is the the water menisci get smaller and smaller and so
the pF steadily increases. Mizuno achieved a similar effect electron
"water" menisci when he compacted powder into coin sized specimens (page 73
and 74 of his book).

The telling bit is:

"One day when I performed this test an extraordinary thing happend. ,The
sample colour
suddenly changed from dark red, to red, to yellow--a clear indication that
the temperature was shooting up. The heat increased, the sample glowed
white, and after 10 or twenty seconds it began to melt.

In a  panic I ran the vacuum pump to remove the deuterium gas ... I could
no longer ignore the fact that this research was potentially hazardous."

And potentially of great interest to the military. Have they weaponized it?
I wouldn't be at all surprised.

--
*quae est ista quae progreditur quasi aurora **consurgens *
*pulchra ut luna electa ut sol terribilis ut acies ordinata *