+0000:
Hi Bob,
[snip]
>With such a reactor, I would hope a scale-up in size with several prototype
>reactors is in the card to demonstrate validation of the design concept.

That would certainly be the prudent thing to do. Note that much of the initial
work has already been done in various places. Google "Aqueous Homogeneous
Reactor".

>Controlling the concentration of dissolved fuel—U-235 in the thorium breeder
>reactor concept would be difficult to assure a reasonably steady power with
>good reactivity control IMHO.

Possibly, though reprocessing is "designed in", and changes can be made in very
small increments to "test the waters". ;)
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

local asymmetry = temporary success