MSF <foster...@protonmail.com> wrote:
 Jones, is there a link where we could access your monel metal experiments?
Years ago, I did a lot of CF experiments using cupronickel in an unusual form.
These were successful, but the results were inconsistent for reasons that are
obvious when you know my procedure.  I am not a scientist, so I have no written
records of my methods, but I think I should write up a brief description of
what I did giving anyone who is interested to try the same. The discussion on
this thread about iron oxide as a catalyst might explain why my technique
appeared to work.------------------------------
Michael, our final report for the ARPA-E grant should be available on their
website under the corporate name, which is Space Orbital Systems. The work was
done at SRI by Ron Clark and myself. The focus was methane conversion - into
liquid fuel. At that time ARPA was not funding LENR.

https://arpa-e.energy.gov/technologies/projects/low-temperature-methane-conversion-through-impacting-common-alloy-catalysts
The thermal anomaly using monel catalyst was outside the scope of our original
grant, and not included in the final report. In retrospect, we should have
tried for follow-on funding based on that anomaly but at that particular time,
the Administration was trying to get rid of ARPA-E altogether and we didn't go
for it. There seems to be plenty of money available now from ARPA-E and they
are interested in splitting water efficiently among other things.

Others (Celani, Clean Planet) have had success with copper-nickel alloys. If
Mills is to be believed, a small addition of molybdenum would be interesting as
everything builds on the initial drop in his theory.

JB