Here is one of many examples of free nighttime electricity in Texas:

https://comparepower.com/electricity-rates/texas/free-electricity/

There is a lot of competition in the Texas electric power market, so many
companies offer this.

As I said, this is a good business model, not a favor to the customers. Not
idealism. I compared it to NetFlix. You might also compare it to a big
commercial bakery such as Entenmann's that runs an outlet store. They
sometimes sell discounted day-old pastries and bread. I guess they don't
make much profit, but it is better than throwing away the food and making
no money at all. The trick is to avoid cannibalizing the market for fresh
pastry. Try not to have large production overruns. Do not make old pastry
so cheap, tasty and available in such large quantities that many customers
say: "I won't buy the fresh Entenmann cake in the grocery; I'll buy the
discounted older cakes at their outlet." In Texas, the power companies want
some customers to run their air conditioners and washing machines at night,
to use electricity they would have to throw away otherwise. But the power
companies do not want everyone, everywhere to move to nighttime use. They
want to sell electricity during the day at premium rates. They know there
is a market for that. Corporations, car dealerships and so on are open
during the day. They have no use for electricity at night. It is a captive
market. Many people prefer fresh Entenmann cakes and will pay a premium for
them at a grocery store, so the discount outlets do not threaten their
existing business.

Anyway, that is why I am confident the power companies will continue to
offer discounted rates as electric cars become more common. They might
tweak the discount, and reduce it somewhat, as nighttime use increases. If
they raise the nighttime rate too much, many people and corporations might
install solar panels and charge the cars during the day. Plus, as I said,
in Texas other power companies will poach their customers.