Jones,

Having been a semi-passive lurker at Luke's Hydrino discussion group
for many years I've kept loose tabs on the recent "Fifth Force"
discussion. Needless to say, and as you have pointed out, John E.
Connett (aka Nora B.) and Dr. Z. are do not appear to be terribly
impressed with Dr. Mills' experimental apparatus nor the evidence it
has allegedly produced.

According to Dr. Z. a real test (whatever "real" might be defined to
incorporate) is likely to be costly. While I honestly hope I'm dead
wrong on this point it would appear that Dr. Mills' claimed
experimental 5th force evidence is in real danger of being
marginalized for lack of proper funding. And after its been
marginalized it is likely to be quickly forgotten.

One itchy thing that has been repeated numerous times by both Dr.
Mill's supporters and skeptics was why he didn't go the extra effort
of flipping the experimental apparatus 180 degrees to see if the
collected data would change its tone. Presumably, if there is some
accuracy to Mill's 5th Force claim then flipping the device 180
degrees should produce a change in vectors. I find this to be a
compelling query, and indeed wonder why Dr. Mills apparently hasn't
done it. I would think that if Dr. Mills had any faith in his
experimental claims he would be eager to perform just this.

In any case, one would think Mill's recent claim would have stirred up
sufficient interest within the scientific community to garner at least
-some- effort to independently check out these claims, but what do I
know. :-(

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com