Some of the Kanzius-effect details are almost beginning to fall into a rational
MO (modus operandi).

It turns out that the 13.56-MHz radio frequency is a harmonic of the
naturalfrequency of sodium ions, according to Dr. Roy at PSU. This is a bit of
serendipity, it seems.

These RF waves, to the extent that they can propagate in salt water, cause the
positive sodium ions tovibrate intensely. At this degree of vibration, the
Vander Waal force - which is the near-field charge polarity effect of molecules
[which is different but arguably linked to the Casimir force by geometry
similarities], can then attract the oxygen end of the water molecule much
closer than normal [the O end has a slightly negative charge].

A percentage of the positive sodium ions can then bind temporarily with the
OH--H, and if the vibration is severe enough, as is often the case, then the
one proton from the water molecule at the far end will be freed... (protons are
actually freed naturally for short time spans in pure water, so this is no big
deal).

>From the perspective of the loosest proton in such a case, the attractive
>charge of the remaining hydroxyl has been diminished, as that  hydroxyl is
>temporarily forming sodium hydroxide (lye) ... but that new lye bond is almost
>as stable as the former salt ionic bond; thus freeing up the one proton much
>of the time -- and as a further result of the NaOH, the chloride ion has lost
>its polarity-partner.

The nascent hydrogen (proton) can either find another one, forming hydrogen
gas, which would happen more often if there were free electrons - or else the
nascent hydrogen will find a freed chloride ion and the net result is a violent
secondary 'combustion.' It could be made much more violent if the chlorine were
to become "photoactivated".

If there is any OU in this system (and there has been NO indication of that so
far) then it might derive from the secondary combustion being "suprachemical"
at least on occasion in the QM sense of a bare proton being able to tunnel into
the k-shell of the photoactivated chlorine.

Teaser: There is actually some (fairly decent) historical evidence that
deuterium and photoactivated chlorine combine with near-nuclear
(supra-chemical) effects resulting in neutron stripping ! More on that at the
end.

Chlorine gas would be encouraged to form if the two ions could both get rid of
their extra electrons, which is rare- therefore the choline ion can only
combust or reverse the lye forming reaction and neutralize the base. IOW the RF
creates a violent sew-saw of reactions, since the (former) positive ion
(sodium) of NaCl has been temporarily bound with the hydroxide from water,
forming lye temporarily - that is why we would find all of this instability
from only "non-ionizing" energy (the RF at 13.46 Mhz).

>From the above, if that scenario happened often enough, we would expect a
>strong anomaly in excess heat, and resulting overunity. This reaction has not
>been documented to be anything but conservative, however. The most likely
>reason for the present situation is the lack of easy penetration or
>propagation of RF through salt water.

In fact the RF which is used is rapidly attenuated. Kanzius claims he has found
an additive which increases the H2 output, but it is now a secret. From what
has appeared, that additive might be suspected to function as a facilitator of
RF propagation in the saltwater, but one wonders if there is not a much easier
way.

As a gas, chlorine could exit the liquid saltwater, along with the H2. However,
since it begins with an ion, most of the local nascent hydrogen and chlorine
ions would be expected to burn even before they can leave the cell. Hydrogen
chloride (HCl) is produced and it is very hot initially: this is the dense gas
produced during combustion of  materials with a high chlorine content.  HCl is
extremely hygroscopic, and will attract all the water vapor in its path, but in
the first few milliseconds following combustion it is hot and rapidly is
expelled. This is the characteristic yellow color seen in the video.

In fact, from the video, it is possible that the HCl is the dominant gas being
evolved and that there is very little H2 to burn.

If true, the radio waves may be givingelectrolysis at an energy "discount," but
with un-usable H2 since it has already been converted into HCl, allowing the
yellow flame to produce anet energy gain without breaking any thermodynamic
laws if the saltwater itself drops in temperature.

All which is apparent at this stage of understanding is that this is a very
promising niche in alternative energy field -- which in a perfect world, would
attract the huge amount of needed funding which would be required to try to
push it into commercial usefullness.

Jones

Below is some speculative information from old posting on "supra-chemical"
(ballotechnic) reactions' which anecdotally have been claimed to produce
nuclear reactions (neutron stripping).

Sixty eight years ago, Dr. George Kistiakowsky became Head of the Explosives
Division of the Manhattan Project, and a few years later was inventor the first
A-bomb "trigger," which is among the only work of that period which today is
still highly classified.

Kistiakowsky found that deuterium, when combusted with "photo-activated"
chlorine released copious neutrons, and that this reaction could make an ideal
trigger for an implosion bomb, since it also produced neutrons and obviated the
need for tritium.

If true, this would have been a suprachemical reaction involving the energy of
the chloine k-shell which becomes activate photchemically. Beyond that
assertion, which itself is highly controversial, the details are slim. Most of
the information which has reached the public has come via post-cold-war Russia
- and the release of their spy records and claims by former spies. All we can
say is that the Russians not only believed it was true, but apparently
duplicated the reaction, but found the reaction was too unstable to use in a
reliable weapon.

Why was this R&D, which is possibly the first well-documented case of LENR not
carried forward? Could it have been the predecessor of present-day LENR and
could it have put us in a better position to perfect low energy reactions, had
the truth been known?

That is a great historical mystery, but it is all tied into the tragic case of
what is known as the "Port Chicago Incident" which may eventually turn out to
have been the first (accidental) A-bomb explosion, instead of the better-known
explosion at Alamogordo the following year. This is one secret which is buried
so deep in secrecy orders and high-level embarrassment, that it defies all
efforts to pry out, and we may never know.

The smoking gun is the thousands of pages of Port Chicago related documents
which are (were) in the Los Alamos library. Why on earth would that Laboratory,
which was highly secretive, understaffed n 1943 and focued solely on high tech
nuclear R&D at the time, have cared at all about an "ordinary" arms accidental
explosion, if it was only conventional weapons? There is not a single page in
the library from that time period related to any other military non-nuclear
incident, except for Port Chicago. Go figure.