RUMOR CENTRAL

Take the following with a grain of sodium hydride...
oops make that sodium chloride ;-)

Coming on the heels of BLP's recent announcement of a
"solid fuel" power plant ... does this development
represent oneupsmanship from our friends to the East?
Is there a hidden agenda or strategy behind it? Is the
Japanese auto industry secretly involved?

I could not help but notice several things - from all
the info (mostly anecdotal) that I have been able to
gather from sending out about a hundred emails to
friends-of-friends and associates-of-associates (only
two responses so far):

1) this story is real, and probably represents a unit
recently on display at a trade show - which splits
water, generating H2 and O2 - which gases are then
immediately recombined in an adjoining fuel cell but
at significantly OU -- which is in the same range as
BLP (almost) claims to have seen (COP = 40). The last
part is inference based on how long the catalyst
lasts.

2) It is a very small output device- and they have
possibly gotten it up to 500 watts electrical, from
300.

3) The company seems to have come out of nowhere, but
some of the staff mysteriously has connections with
the Japanese auto industry.

4) The system (2 linked devices) was looked at, but
initially turned-down (apparently) by some heavy
hitters (Mitsubishi ??) and that is possibly because
they have already licensed something similar from
elsewhere or are close to having their own LENR
reactor... or else they want to see what kind of legal
reaction this generates in the USA.

5) There is a mystery ingredient which needs to be
replenished periodically. Unlike the gallium-aluminum
process from Purdue University, recently announced
which does split water:

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/05/16/purdue-professor-on-the-aluminum-enabling-hydrogen-economy/

this one (reportedly) does not rapidly consume the
secret ingredient.

... which could be a catalyst for redundant ground
states ... or not.

It will be interesting to see what happens...

Jones