We have seen this approach many times in the past. When this government is given two choices, it will always pick the least intelligent one. Hopefully, the next administration will reverse these decisions.

Ed

Horace Heffner wrote:

I'm hopefully not given to apoplexy, but this just about did it for me:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/27/us/27solar.html? _r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

http://tinyurl.com/4bo5b5

"Faced with a surge in the number of proposed solar power plants, the federal government has placed a moratorium on new solar projects on public land until it studies their environmental impact, which is expected to take about two years." "The Bureau of Land Management says an extensive environmental study is needed to determine how large solar plants might affect millions of acres it oversees in six Western states — Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah."

How asinine can government be. Let's see, on one hand we have a few hundred square miles of desert, on the other we have survival ... hmmmmm ... yep, we need a two year study to weigh that one.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/