In contrast, Toyota sold the Prius at a loss at first and provided a very good insurance policy that covered any flaw or inconvenience, including free oil change. A person had nothing to lose by trying out the new technology. Meanwhile, by the time the Volt hits the market, the Prius will be half its price and be totally proven in its behavior. Guess what will happen to GM.

Ed