Hi Robin

> This ties in nicely with the article on MgCl2 in the most recent edition of
Nexus magazine.

Hmmm,,, Interesting looking articles in there. Looks like the Oz version of
"Discovery" but with more tolerance for the fringe.

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/

That story must have started a "meme" circulating worldwide, as I do not have
access to it, at least not in print form.

> At more than 1300 feet below sea level, the Dead Sea is lowest place on
> earth.... leading one to wonder: could that realtive lowness and higher
> evaporation rate have any special relevance to a mechanism which enriches the
> sea in solar-derived hydrinos (assuming they percolate down through the
> atmosphere)?

RvS: Being that low, the air pressure should be greater than 1 atm. Combine
that with the water "liquid crystal" layer at the surface (which may be
affected by the higher pressure), and perhaps you have a recipe for "liquid
crystal catalyzed LENR" :)

Don't really have an opinion about that - but since you mention it - wouldn't
it be most interesting, if and when someone does manage to finally isolate the
most common solar hydrino - i.e. the ones arriving from the megatons per second
manufactured in the solar corona- to find that the effective density of this
puppy were to be around 1.2 -1.3 grams per cc ?

For those who do not follow the HSG - there is no real authority on what the
effective density of this species is. Most of what Mills has shown (claimed to
show) is compounded with alkaline metals.

We do know its atomic weight would be the same as hydrogen of course-- but its
volume is an inverse cubic relationship with the smaller radius, so it is most
likely to be too dense to remain a gas.

If that density turned out to be  around 1.25 grams per cc that would mean it
would sink in earth's oceans but would effectively float on the Dead Sea, where
it would then be perfectly positioned to participate in some kind of surface
reaction. However, as mentioned - there is almost no UV coming in to the Sea -
so that might mean that even with visible light driving the reaction, sodium is
transmuted into magnesium.

Sounds almost too elegant in the details to be both true and (heretofore)
overlooked - but truth is often stranger than fiction, as they say...

...or as my main muse sez, a bit more insightfully:  Truth is stranger than
fiction, but that is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities;
Truth isn't.

Jones