The dead sea isnt an ocean, its a land locked sea, and the magnesium
comes from local salt deposits. On a global level, sodium is more
prevelant, but since the dead sea doesn't connect to the ocean, its
not part of the averaging out mechanisms present in the oceans, so
local differences matter.

Nothing mysterious about it at all, just basic geology.  Sorry.