I reviewed the plan linked to this article. I do not think they are talking about confiscating anything, but only setting up new plans for people who are not covered by 401(k) plans. I see nothing here about converting existing plans or changing the management of them.

Anyway, Obama is a conservative person and I am sure he will not go for anything radical. His proposals for health care will not put the insurance companies out of business, the way many European plans did, decades ago. Whatever they come up with it would not be as bad as Bush's idea of investing Social Security savings in the stock market. Imagine where we would be if they had done that?