Terry Blanton wrote:

Mini nuclear plants to power 20,000 homes
£13m shed-size reactors will be delivered by lorry

Nuclear power plants smaller than a garden shed and able to power
20,000 homes will be on sale within five years, say scientists at Los
Alamos, the US government laboratory which developed the first atomic
bomb.

Ed Storms has reservations about this technology, but I think it is a good idea. Particularly good for remote locations where there are no hydroelectric or wind resources.

Small hydroelectric generators are also good, especially in underdeveloped third world countries.

I do not think we should worry too much about people stealing these things, or about the spent uranium fuel piling up. I see this as an interim technology that will be replaced by cold fusion or something similar. People 50 to 100 years from now will be better equipped to dispose of the spent fuel, and although I do not like leaving my great-grandchildren with an expensive problem, it is better to leave them spent uranium fuel than a planet overwhelmed by global warming.