Horace Heffner wrote:

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. The source of the transplant can be the patient himself.

The method used on the patient in Germany required a transplant from someone else, who happened to have the correct genetic makeup. The patient required a transplant anyway to cure his cancer, so they "threw in" the AIDS-defeating DNA transplant.

The method you are describing would be far better. As far as I have heard, gene therapy of this nature has not progressed to the point of being practical yet. Last I heard it killed several patients, and they put it on hold. That was years ago.