On Feb 19, 2009, at 6:44 AM, Nick Palmer wrote:

Gnorts,

This Australian company has just announced 60% electrical efficiency for their solid oxide microgeneration combined heat and power unit - 85% total efficiency!

http://www.cfcl.com.au/

Nick Palmer

Note that counting the useful (in Alaska anyway!) co-generated heat the CFCL fuel cell is 85% efficient. I guess 15% heat goes out with the exhaust gasses? Problem here is we are running out of available gas. Getting local gas lines built to utilize North Slope gas has been a political football here for decades. We may have to import gas before gas line construction is complete.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/