--- John Berry <aethe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The only way "we" can realistically do anything is
> if "we" have technologies
> or friends that "we" don't generally admit to, I
> hold out no hope for a
> mission as in the movie Armageddon or lasers or...

We can do it with nuclear weapons, either a direct
impact surface detonation, or 'glancing blow' to shove
the thing.

Simple kinetic impactors would work as well, although
the sooner we detect it (the main point I was making)
the easier it is to change the thing's orbit with
smaller amounts of kinetic energy applied. Read: less
crap tossed at it, and possible at less velocity.

We don't have the technology yet to deploy solar
shields either, yet that isn't forbode discussion
here. I'm not talking lasers or Armageddon, or even
building an Orion-drive spacecraft as in Deep Impact
to do something. I'm reciting things which we've known
about and studied for decades on this subject.

> Though with a bit of foresight get Podkletnov of the
> job and he may be able
> to redirect it.

We don't know what range the effect propagates out to.
No one alive has successfully replicated his effect in
a way that is accepted or would be accepted.

Caveat: John Schnurer did make a device that works. I
tested it. It does work, but it is tricky and very
crude. But a 1-2% decrease in gravity, or a 0.5-3%
increase in gravity is not really going to do much for
you compared to lobbing a nuke or just a rocket hulk
at the rock.

Another thing: if you're referring to Podkletnov's
'beam' experiments, there's not enough writeup for me
to comment. John didn't tell me much about that, as I
guess Podkletnov and he had some
disagreement...apparently Podkletnov thought John's
device couldn't possibly work as the disk didn't
rotate. (the fields did) 1 2 3 2 1 2 3 2 1 2 3 2
1.........and so on.

Given that I've now made a couple nice power supplies,
maybe I should do some tests of the "Morton effect."
I don't have a sphere terminal. Maybe a stainless
steel soup pot will work? :)

--Kyle