As the smoke cleared, mix...@bigpond.com <mix...@bigpond.com>
mounted the barricade and roared out:

> I was thinking about the time that there is very little land mass in
> daylight, i.e. when the sun is over the Pacific.

I see. However, nobody is talking about a perfect plan here. And for that
matter: just how much renewable energy _can_ be gotten out of the Pacific
ocean on a daily basis..?

> >Real issues, for me, would revolve around changing the ecology/climate of
> >e.g. the Sahara or Oz, with kilometer-long arrays of solar collectors
> >taking up vast hectareage of real-estate, etc.
>
> IMO the ecology and climate of Oz could do with some changing. :)

hehe. I'll tell Dorothy that.
And her little dog too.

> >But again: any fundamental breakthrus like CF will completely change this
> >equation. And IMO for the better. We really, really want to severely
> >lessen the human footprint on the planet, I would think.
>
> I would like to turn deserts into forests.

To the extent that it would be natural. I would start with reforesting
desert areas of the planet which are the result of thousands of years of
human misuse. Like in the Middle East and China, etc. I would like to see
the fabled cedar forests of Lebanon reconstituted to their former
grandeur, for instance. And those of the rest of the Mediterranean
region.

All it really takes is organized human will -- part of which needs to be
expressed in the smashing of vested interests who are not in the least
interested in getting out of our way for our doing this.

> (BTW, could you remove your "reply to", as this makes responding to the
> list easier?)

I'll work on it. There's some 'hook' I have to insert in there somewhere...

- --
Build the North America-wide General Strike.

TODO el poder a los consejos y las comunas.
TOUT le pouvoir aux conseils et communes.
ALL power to the councils and communes.