-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

As the smoke cleared, Terry Blanton <[email protected]>
mounted the barricade and roared out:

> On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 5:22 PM, grok <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> > Surely there must be a simple teknology in the pipeline which will
> > allow the storage of large amounts of electrical power on-site at any
> > power generation site.
> 
> There is:
> 
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium-sulfur_battery
> 
> Terry

Ya, I was actually thinking of such as exactly that (also direct heating
by solar reflector of liquid sodium, etc.). But years have gone by since
I first read about this stuff. So I was wondering if there was something
even more efficient and 'elegant' now. Since there appears to still be so
many issues involved in simply *doing* something. Anything. As evinced by
all the heated discussion on the Internet and on this eList. 

In any case, I don't know how long the operating life of these systems
would be; but they sure look being messy over the long-haul -- and an
engineer's worst nightmare to service and replace, etc...


- -- grok.






- -- 
Build the North America-wide General Strike.

TODO el poder a los consejos y las comunas.
TOUT le pouvoir aux conseils et communes.
ALL power to the councils and communes.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkn/KR8ACgkQXo3EtEYbt3FoWgCgleIo4CVvLSbcEXjtvWCNjgvb
J6QAoLbMn+NTPHE4SO+cMsOCWumErDl+
=+Tct
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Reply via email to