leaking pen wrote:
> try searching cyanoacrylate accelerator

Sigh... OK, yes, I should have done that to start with.  Actually I
rather hoped there was some interesting tale behind the disappearance
which someone here would know.

So it appears the stuff is still available mail order, from some places
-- but why'd it disappear from retail store shelves?  20 years ago it
was in the glue section of every hardware store I shopped in.  It
certainly seems like something happened and I still don't know what.
Quote from one page:

"I finally ran out of Zip Kicker and the hobby shop I purchased it from
originally is long gone. All the local hobby shops fail to carry it as
well."

No explanation, and none of the replies mentioned any explanation; just
a statement of what I've already observed.

And, I should add, a lot of alternatives for use as accelerators were
mentioned, including baking soda and white glue, which I didn't know
about.  Useful info, maybe.


Reply via email to