on the uberman sleep schedule... im confused...

After moving a couple years ago, i had a LOT of laundry to do.  to get
through it all, i spent 3 days setting my alarm clock at roughly hour
intervals.  get up with the alarm, change dryer and washer loads, fold
clothes, back to sleep for an hour.  I got about 6 actual hours of
sleep a night, and fantastic sleep.  Why spread it through the day?
why not just artificially "reset" your sleep schedule by waking up for
10 to 15 ever 40 minutes or so?