So, first off, anyone have any good plans for a home made eeg?  im
interested in taking a closer look at my own sleep schedule.

Based on all the conversation, I've decided to try a slightly modified
uberman, to see if it fixes my issues.

So, 45 minute nap at 5 yesterday, again at 10, slept from 2 to 5:15,
45 minute nap on the bus from 6 to 645.  plan on a nap at noon, but so
far, not that tired, with very little sleep.  im liking this.  now, to
see what my body thinks, even if the mind is happy.

The more I think about it, the more i agree, its hunter gatherer versus farmer.

the hunter/gatherer is always active, always moving.  being able to
catnap constantly, like, well, a cat, was very desirable.
the farmer is in one place, generally works the fields while the sun
is out, has nothing to do after sun down with a lack of light. has a
safe location where you dont have to worry about predators and moving
every so often, so sleeping in a straight chunk works better to let
you stay awake all day working.

So... narcoleptics...  genetic throwbacks?