To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Do it backwards: added 1997-style, science-based Vortex

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, Horace Heffner wrote:

I don't see the problem.  All "such subjects" already have breathing
room.  If you want to post on a subject then post on the subject.  If
anyone has interest in contributing they will post on it.

There's a 100% replicable CF experiment.  People on other lists are trying
it out.  Nobody on vortex is interested.  (Really?  Or was it just lost in
the noise?)

If not, then not.  Where is the suppression?  What's the big deal?

Did you yourself read that message, click on the link?  It looks to me
like there's way too much traffic on vortex to read every single message
continuously for months on end, much less clicking on linked articles.

One thing I appreciate is that if anything anomalous develops the
news will likely end up here and be visible in the noise.

It may end up here, but nobody would notice it among all the current
conversations.  If there are ten televisions in the room, all playing
favorite shows, there's a good chance that not one person hears an
announcement over the PA, important or not.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci