Pd is FCC at 389 pm.  Pd atom radius is 137 pm (interesting number
:-).  This leaves 115 pm which allows the 102 pm NH3 molecule ideal
for structuring but is challenging for the 188 pm Ar.

I'm gonna sleep on this.

BTW, what is the Van der Waals radius of deuterium?  (too lazy to look
it up now.)

Terry