Horace Heffner wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2009, at 10:37 AM, Mauro Lacy wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I've plotted the different vectorial components of the velocity
>> vector, and distance to the Sun on the same graph, and curiously
>> enough, the "y component" of the velocity vector (and probably of the
>> distance vector, although I've not plotted it) seems to be in phase
>> with the change in decay rates. Here is the graph:
>>
>> http://maurol.com.ar/decay_rates/velocity_distance.png
>>
>> The different plots are:
>> red: radial distance (normalized)
>> green: total velocity(normalized)
>> blue, magenta, cyan: Vx, Vy, Vz
>>
>> As you can see, the  magenta line seems to nicely match the
>> Brookhaven decay data. This can be no more than a coincidence, and
>> more analysis is clearly necessary.
>>
>> This "Vy component" is the velocity (also an equivalent displacement,
>> although I prefer to talk about velocities) perpendicular to the
>> major axis of the Sun-Earth ellipse, because the "x component" is
>> aligned with the perihelion-aphelion axis.
>>
>> I'll now try to produce a graph on the same scale as the bnl graph,
>> to superpose them and see how close the match really is.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Mauro
>
> The URL above is invalid.  This may work:
>
> http://maurol.com.ar/decay_rates/velocity_distance.png

Thank you, and sorry for that.

Here's my best shot at the moment:
http://maurol.com.ar/decay_rates/halflife_bnl+Rx.jpg

I've superposed the graphs. The red line is 1/Sun-Earth distance^2-1
(distance is now in au, and scaled up vertically), and the green line is
the -x component of the Sun-Earth distance.

A very good match is observed, although not perfect.

I'm thinking that maybe latitude of the experiments can account for the
rest of the difference in phase, and also for the different experimental
results accross different laboratories and experiments. I'll try to plot
light time, ecliptic angle and other seasonal astronomical factors at
the different latitudes. But this is more time consuming, and I'm short
of that at the moment :-)

Best regards,
Mauro