--- On Sat, 12/5/09, Alexander Hollins <alexander.holl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Alexander Hollins <alexander.holl...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Vo]:OT: Scientists grow pork meat in a laboratory (Follow-up)
> To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
> Date: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 8:24 AM
> Its a comedy bit by george carlin,
> about "racial terms" that are
> stupid.  Such as happens to be.  I posted it, as
> the phrase was used
> in the email i was responding to.

Ah, didn't know it was one of GC's.

Just to clarify, when I said Duane, my friend, "happens to be black," it wasn't
meant in disparaging way. My thought process was something like, Duane (is a
human like me) who is my friend. He happens incidentally to be of the black
race, but that is of no importance to our friendship, and now that I think of
it, probably most everyone else I know, who do not know him, probably don't
even know he is black, because I just refer to him as "my friend Duane."

The only reason I used that phrase was to demonstrate, I suppose in my own
defense, that I'm not what's commonly called a racist. It might not have come
across very well, I don't know.

I miss George Carlin. He was fun.

--Kyle