. I am pretty sure that the Sodium-Hydroxide processed Raney Nickel- the
stuff

. that is good to go, is pretty safe, especially since it is packed in a
liquid

. that limits oxidation and must actually be dried out to use.

. Actually, they treat a very fine powder.  Of course for LPD, I do need a
solid

. block.

Scott, I am pretty sure that in solid form the sodium hydroxide is what
makes it pyrophoric by

Leaching Al pores into the surface areas and leaving Nickel plated cavities
it becomes immediately dangerous- The powder is a little more complicated
because fine metal powders form Casimir geometry between particles due to
dissimilar packing geometries even without activation. Rayney Nickel powder
combines both methods and must be stored as a slurry after activation. I
could see them shipping the solid alloy and letting us leach it out
ourselves or possibly larger powders that are not pyrophoric but anything
else would have to be restricted due to safety concerns.

.         I use the term Event Horizon to simply define a dividing line
between process-time

.         inside the cavity versus outside of it. Apparently someone else
besides you and

.         I are talking about this stuff since in my original exposure to
this idea--that

.         individual used the term Event-Horizon, comparing the altered
Space time inside

.         the cavity to the gravitationally accelerated Space time inside a

.         Black hole---except in this we are on the opposite side of the
border since our

.         events appear to happen slower to the folks living inside the
cavity.

Scott, I used event horizon to describe the maximum of "equivalent"
acceleration, any large mass will actually produce

Equivalent acceleration but time dilation accumulates so slowly you need an
event horizon or dead star to make comparisons on the same scale with
dilation due to luminal velocities. In both cases we are talking relative
rates of change between space and time but in one case time is constant
relative to change in spatial position while in the other time rate changes
relative to a stationary spatial position. I have read that equations not
involving C should not be called relativistic such as the Casimir formula
but the dynamic Casimir force does involve C so I think my terminology is on
solid ground since it is "change" in Casimir force that develops catalytic
action. This said the event horizon was used to demonstrate equivalent
acceleration and the point was that at the mesoscopic scale the Casimir
plates are to a hydrogen atoms what an event horizon is to a spaceship -in
fact it would also slow down hydrogen caught in the "pressure" zone or
outside the plate material (think billowed sail) just like the astronaut -it
is only in the tiny segregated area we call the cavity that it accelerates
time.

.         I am quite taken with your interpretation that the oscillation
along the time-line might

.         mean it is traveling forwards then backwards in time. Maybe . . .
but here is

.         the problem:  The relativistic astronaut has been traveling more
slowly along

.         his time line---less time has elapsed for him, nonetheless, when
he emerges from

.         his Spaceship Back on Earth he emerges into his brother's point in
history.

I am not certain if matter can actually leave the "present" or just does a
4D transformation where one spatial dimension trades places with time such
that a different inertial frame simply means the "present" is wider or
thinner than our frame. This gets into a weakness I have always had
regarding velocity and acceleration where some people insist you need
"acceleration" to produce time dilation while my take is that you only need
a luminal difference in velocity to accumulate dilation. -maybe someone will
chip in and explain it to me-

.         Likewise, when the catalyzed reactants emerge from the cavity,
they are not

.         emerging from our future---if they are then you and I have got to
send

.         ourselves the lottery numbers from fifteen minutes in the
future---how about

.         it???  (I actually tried a similar thing with the Electron
Einstein-Bose

.         Condensate inside a superconductor disk, positing that the
condensate locked in

.         the electron zombie state over time as well as over physical
distance---no

.         results yet!!!)

See articles about Professor Ron Mallet
http://www.physorg.com/news63371210.html who intends just that

using powerful circulating laser beams. He hopes to receive messages from
the future when they turn on their prototype. I have written him without
reply and have considered exactly the scenario you describe but even looping
a transmission while inside the other inertial frame or between frames still
undergoes a translation every transmission between frames. Though
experiment: Say you had a macro scale Casimir cavity sitting in front of you
on a table. The cavity is a pyramid shaped metal enclosure with an open
bottom turned on its side so the open bottom is facing you. When you place
an object inside the pyramid it appears to shrink, the further back toward
the point of the pyramid the more the object appears to shrink -in fact you
may find yourself pushing the object your entire arm length deep into the
cavity even if the outside of the cavity is less than an arm length in
dimension because your arms is also translating between dimensions. If you
close your eyes and reach for the ball in the actual spatial position nature
will do all the transformations for you and you will "feel" the ball exactly
where you put it and be unaware of any Lorentzian effects in scale but the
nerve signals may be upshifted like the effects on plasma spectra.