OK Steven - first, let's be clear that I do not espouse this theory as it
stands now.

However, it deserves a fair hearing. It may not fly, but it has not been
shot down effectively by the mainstream. In fact, the counter arguments are
lame.

In fact, there are parts of it that might fit quite well into the mainstream
view - such as expansion being 'an initial stimulus' for starting and
intensifying the process of continental drift / subduction. The end result
is a bit of both.

The earth may have been smaller 4.5 billion years ago, but instead of 400%
smaller, only 25% (the numbers are meaningless except to express the point
that even a small difference could be important if we acknowledge that both
views can coexist).

As for f/H "normalizing" after "arrival" ... yes, that is a good
observation, and could be the major factor driving expansion ... yet, you
ask the question about the "water problem" ... well, it can be observed that
you may have answered the question with the setup, no?

Most "rock" - granite, limestone, sandstone etc is an oxide. Shale contains
lots of carbon. What happens when a neutral and very dense form of hydrogen,
expelled from the solar corona...

... which may have been 100,000 times denser (if were Rydberg matter) first
sinks to the core of earth and later, when it absorbs sufficient heat within
the earth, expands and bonds chemically with its surroundings ...

... catch my drift :)

If you said - it probably forms water, with some of it forms abiogenic oil
(the Gold hypothesis), then go to the head of the class...

There could have been far less water 4.5 billion years ago, and some of it
has been "manufactured" by the ongoing solar f/H process. Some oil and
natural gas may also have an inorganic origin.

Jones