> On 01/17/2011 09:55 PM, Jed Rothwell wrote:
> > Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com <mailto:sa...@pobox.com>>
> > wrote:
>
> One of the major photography rags of the era (Pop Photo or Modern
> Photography, I forget which) ran an article on him, partly due
> to his claim to be able to "think" things onto film, which claim
> they didn't care for.   Apparently the folks at SRI weren't as
> careful as the photography magazine's reporter, who found Randi
> unconvincing.

When the reporter was out of the room, Geller lifted the lens cap
an inch or so off the reporter's camera and snapped a picture,
presumably thinking it would result in a blur and he could then
claim to have been thinking at it or something.

He didn't realize that the camera was fitted with a 'fisheye'
lens, and the resulting picture was a clear shot of Geller's
fingers holding the lens cap and Geller peering at the lens.