Hi,
>The 59Cu explanation seems to be nonsensical, at least with the
>conventional reaction explanation implied below, because (1) it does
>not explain the presence of gram quantities of observable copper (due
>to the 1.36 minute half-life of 59Cu),  (2) the huge flux of 0.5 MeV
>gammas from positron annihilation would be a major risk to the
>observers, and proof positive of nuclear reaction, eliminating the
>need to measure heat, (3) the logarithmic tail-off of positron
>emission, even given the 1.36 m half-life, should be readily
>detectable for a long time after power off,   (4) and the presence of
>gram quantities of Ni59, with 76000 y half-life for EC, should be
>readily detectable in the ash via auger electrons or x-rays.
[snip]

Actually I agree, but the reaction below is the first reaction posited by
Rossi-Focardi, which is why I used it. Note however that positron emission may
be avoided (or at least severely curtailed) if enhanced electron capture plays a
significant role. That may at least explain the lack (or severe shortage) of
characteristic gammas. Also, I seem to recall someone being surprised that they
got positrons in one run but not in another. A possible explanation for this
could be that different size Hydrinos would have different electron capture /
positron decay ratios, with smaller Hydrinos enhancing electron capture to a
larger degree.
I get the distinct impression that the only isotope analysis they have done is
with SIMS.
[snip]
Another possibility exists to explain the copper. If Ed Storms is correct about
NAS, and they are fairly large and not destroyed when a fusion reaction occurs,
then it's likely that subsequent reactions will occur in the same place, and
make use of the metal nuclei in the neighbourhood. That would increase the
chances of e.g. Ni-59 being involved in subsequent reactions, and might allow
for the series of reactions Rossi-Focardi propose in their paper (See
http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/files/Rossi-Focardi_paper.pdf)

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html