On 02/08/2011 08:32 PM, Harry Veeder wrote:
> As Steven J., points out it could simply be the water delivery system is
> designed to maintain the same amount of water in the reactor at all times. I
> don't think that would be an extra-ordinary feat of engineering.

The water delivery system was specified to deliver a fixed rate of
water, independent of anything going on in the reactor.

Levi said it, Jed said it, and I see no reason to disbelieve it.  That's
the whole point in the emphasis on use of a "positive displacement pump".

And that absolutely rules out any possibility that the water delivery
system was set up to maintain a fixed water level in the reactor.