On Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:37 PM Dennis wrote
> I don't see the risk in the electrical conversion conversion failure.  I
> don't think that the device
would fail to disaster  if the stimulation/heater/ whatever  (80 or so Watts
used in the demo)
would be removed.....  Perhaps if the cooling water is turned off but not the
stimulation.<

I agree the "explosion " scenario is unlikely but I could see a loss of
catalytic properties if the metal powder were to get so plastic hot as to grow
whiskers
And relieve the stiction forces. I think this is why the powder used in Rowan
demos had to be reactivated after use.
Regards
Fran