Thanks, Cousin for mentioning my opinion.
A large reaction is good:
a) because it is a promise of technological usefulness,
b) it helps you to NOT waste creativity on sophisticated measurement-as
calorimetry, saves you from metrologomania.

I don't understand the problem of signal/noise in this case;why should the
relative noise increase with intensity of the reaction. But I don't know if
you cite Ed exactly.

Intensity of reaction is a "sine qua non" condition of an energy source;
the others are:
-reproducibility and controllability (what we reproduce, do we reproduce
it quantitatively enough?) Reproducibility is not abstract is pragmatic
concept.
- continuity - months of functioning without decay of the above criteria,
- upscalability (The E-cat makes this in a rather strange way from the point
of view of engineering-coupling of many units.)

One great question is- how much of what we learn from the successful Ni
based LENR can be used for the Pd D based LENR? One song of Nature or two
different songs?
Where I absolutely disagree with Ed is that he does not believe that the
polar impurities of air are crippling all the CF systems because thede are
catalytic and sensitive, while I am convinced of it.

--
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania