Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com> wrote:

> He *said* they measured the isotopes.
>
> He said, specifically, the ratios for both nickel and copper didn't vary
> from natural abundances:  "The isotopic analysis through ICP-MS *doesn’t
> show any deviation from the natural isotopic composition* of nickel and
> copper."

Ah, so he did.

I just asked him about this. I wrote to him:

"It is surprising that the copper has the natural isotopic distribution,
Cu-63 70%, Cu-65 30%. In other cold fusion experiments, when cathodes had
what appear to be transmuted elements in them, the isotopic distribution
reflected the distribution of the starting element. This is particularly
clear in papers by Iwamura, such as:
http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/IwamuraYelementalaa.pdf";

It would be a little odd if the reaction produced copper with a natural
> isotopic distribution.
>

> That's a marvelous understatement!

My specialty -- thanks.

>   And don't forget that the nickel wasn't differentially depleted, either
> -- its ratios were natural, as well.

Could you detect that? Would enough of it be depleted to make a measurable
difference?