Mark Iverson <zeropo...@charter.net> wrote:

> Although the steady-state output was between 10 an 20KW, there was a short
> period in the Feb test
> where, assuming temperatures and flow rate were being measured accurately,
> the calculated heat
> output was about 130KW.  If I remember correctly, it was about an 18 minute
> period.

Yes, I believe it was 18 minutes. Long enough to achieve a steady state. I
do not think the device has much thermal mass.

This power surge must have produced a temperature elevation of ~35°C,
bringing the outlet temperature up to ~46°C. I do not recall whether they
reported that temperature, or the power (or both?), but anyway, that's how
hot it would be. That is easily confirmed by feeling the hose. It would be
harder to feel the 5°C temperature elevation. Of course any thermocouple can
detect that with absolute confidence.