In this case truth is a problem of definition. Ni as such can play the role
of a catalyst.
I think during the 22 years of CF history we have learned how important is
the nanometric structure of the metal. What I have called active sites in my
Topology paper and they are now NAE are products of smart nanotechnology.
And as I have told so many times- the gases that could compete with
deuterium or hydrogen have to be thoroughly eliminated from the surface-
please read the (accepted!) patent WO 2010/058288

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania