"It was told me that some of the spurious results that have plagued the
CF community for the past 20 years is due to the fact that the process
is extremely susceptible to environmental/weather changes."

If we speak about Pd-D, perhaps the best is to find out what was the best,
most consistent, powerful, reproducible system/result ever. How, and why?
As regarding unorthodox ideas I have tried to explain here that the
troubles
of Pd-D LENR are caused by the fact that polar gases inactivate the NAE.
0.5 ppb of such impurity means billions of molecules per cubic cm air.
I am not believed. OK, then what is the source of the R problem?
Why was it necessary that useful LENR came "by an other car?"

And, in principle. will we ever have a technologizable Pd-D cold fusion?

 As regarding an explanation of the Rossi system, orthodox or completely
unorthodox- it must jhave some logic in it. I have limited imagination (see
definition of Brainair in my septoes) and I don't see any reason for wjich
an isotope of nickel could function better than an other isotope of
nickel??? And enrichment is very expensive & difficult.
In patents ( I have 33 ones -Romanian ones but the rules are the same) you
have to be prepared for surprise and then you use the umbrella technique.

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania