what happened to the alternapedia project?
Harry

[Vo]:"ALTERNAPEDIA," alt-science friendly 'pedia service
William Beaty
Sat, 04 Apr 2009 10:58:33 -0700
(see also preceding message)     From: Pierre Carbonnelle  Together with Bill
Beaty, I'm pleased to introduce Alternapedia to the Vortex community. It can be
reached at http://en.alternapedia.org/

What is Alternapedia ?
--------------------------------
Alternapedia is the
collaborative project that brings all points of view together.  Unlike
Wikipedia, it provides valuable information on all sides of controversies, with
equal weight, so that its readers can form their own opinions.  Alternapedia's
policies and guidelines can be summarized as follows:     1. Anyone can
contribute to Alternapedia.  The user interface is kept as simple as possible.
Editing an article does not require the knowledge of special formatting
codes.
2. Alternapedia welcomes all points of view.  You can contribute new points of
view in personal, authored articles, and present published points of view in
collaborative articles.    3. Alternapedia is an archive of authored articles,
written by one or more authors to present new research or opinion.  They must
relate to a controversy, and meet certain quality requirements. They are
subject

to a peer-review process by named  administrators.  Authors can protect their
articles from other editors, and submit their work while retaining the
copyright.    4. Collaborative articles are written collaboratively to include
all points of view in a controversy, based on the best sources available.
Complex controversies are divided up in two-sided sub-controversies, so that
each opposite view can be presented side by side, with equal weight.
Collaborative articles are available under the GNU Free Documentation License
(GFDL).    5. Alternapedia has a code of conduct.  Respect your fellow editors
even when you may not agree with them. Be civil, open and welcoming. Find
consensus, avoid edit wars. Disruptive editors will be restricted to editing
only one side of the controversy, or blocked from any editing.  The policies
will be refined over time to help us reach our stated goal efficiently.  How to
use it ------------------- The Vortex community is welcome to use it to
communicate internally and to the wider public.  In particular, feel free to
use

it to:  - publish personal ideas, and solicit comments from peers - clarify
issues by presenting both sides of controversies in collaborative
articles.  For

example, Alternapedia could be used to clarify the He4 issue that has divided
the cold fusion community recently.  Click here to see how to get started:
http://en.alternapedia.org/wiki/Help:Getting_started  Next Steps -------------
After Alternapedia's introduction to the Cold fusion and Vortex community, we
plan to further promote the site via announcements in online magazines such as
The Register. Your help is welcome in making it known ! We would be delighted
if

you could link to Alternapedia from your website (if you have one).
We welcome your comments, and remain at your disposal for any questions
regarding this project.      - Pierre Carbonnelle, Steve Krivit, Martinphi, Ron
Marshall,       Mark Iverson, Bill Beaty